The protection of your personal data is important to the BNP Paribas Group, which has adopted strong principles in this respect in its Personal Data Protection Charter available at https://group.bnpparibas/uploads/file/bnpparibas_personal_data_privacy_charter.pdf
This Data Protection Notice provides you (as defined in section 2) with transparent and detailed information about the protection of your personal data by BNP Paribas SA – 16 boulevard des Italiens, 75009 Paris (“we”).
We are responsible, as data controllers, for the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with our activities. The purpose of this Data Protection Notice is to inform you about the personal data we collect about you, the purposes for which we use and share that data, how long we keep it, your rights and how you can exercise them.
Additional information may be provided as required when you request a particular product or service.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We collect and use your personal data, i.e. any information that identifies you or allows you to be identified, to the extent necessary for our business. We collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- identification data (e.g. full name, first name);
- personal or business contact data (e.g. e-mail address);
- data about your habits and preferences (data about your use of our products and services);
- data about your interactions with us, our branches (contact reports), our websites, our applications, our social media pages, (login and tracking data such as cookies)
- information about your device (IP address, technical specifications and unique identification data)
We never ask for other sensitive personal data such as data relating to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, unless required by a legal obligation.
WHY AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
a. Managing your consent
We use your personal data on the basis of your consent given in the context of registering for our newsletter.
b. To fulfil our legitimate interest
We use your personal data to:
- Provide a personalised and appropriate response to your requests
- improve the quality of our products and services
- for security reasons and computer system performance,
- to inform you about our products and services;
In all cases, our legitimate interest remains proportionate and we check against a balancing test that your interests or fundamental rights are safeguarded. If you would like more information about this balancing test, please contact us using the details provided in section 5 “How to contact us” below.
2. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your personal data for the period of time required to comply with applicable laws and regulations or for the period of time required to meet our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating customer relationship management and responding to legal or regulatory requests.
In this regard, your data is retained for a maximum of one year from the date of collection.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data and a copy of these personal data.
- Right of rectification: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the personal data be amended accordingly.
- Right to erasure: you may request the deletion of your personal data, where permitted by law.
- Right to restriction: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object: you can object to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of marketing, including profiling in connection with such marketing.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to data portability: where applicable, you have the right to obtain the personal data you have provided to us or, where technically possible, to transfer it to a third party.
To exercise these rights, you can contact if applicable, our data protection officer or the department responsible for exercising these rights;
By sending us your request by email to the following address: Data Subject Rights
In accordance with the applicable regulations, in addition to your rights listed above, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent control authority (CNIL).
4. HOW CAN WE CHANGE THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE?
We invite you to review the latest version of this Notice online and we will notify you of any significant changes via our website or other regular communication channels.
5. HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you have any questions relating to the use of your personal data under this Data Protection Notice, you can contact if applicable, our data protection officer or the department responsible for exercising these rights;
By sending us your request by email to the following address: Information Request