This Comptoir National d’Escompte de Paris (CNEP) poster calls on its clientele at the Troyes branch to participate in the operation to lend securities to the French State.
When the banks contributed to the war effort
During the Great War, French banks facilitated the extension of credit by foreign banks to the French State by securing the loans.
Beginning in 1916, the Ministry of Finance calls on French holders of securities from neutral countries to lend their securities to the State to guarantee its loans. The objective of this operation was to finance major purchases abroad.