This poster of the Comptoir National d’Escompte de Paris (CNEP) promotes the density of its branch network in France and the ease of opening a new account. It shows a driver who, a few metres farther, see the facade of a Comptoir branch.
The 1960s mark the beginning of the “bank around the corner.” The number of branches multiplies, even if an authorisation from the Conseil National du Crédit is required to open a new branch until 1957. If the CNEP embarks more modestly on expanding its network, it nevertheless acquires 10 establishment between 1957 and 1960. Its network is very dense around the major urban areas and its quality is exceptional in intramural Paris.
At the same time, CNEP increases its promotional efforts aimed at individual customers and runs major advertising campaigns, especially in favour of cheques.
On the eve of the merger with the Banque Nationale pour le Commerce et l’Industrie (BNCI), CNEP has 733 agencies in the provinces and a hundred in Ile-de-France.